Scale calibration issues (2024)

Colt sr

Member
  • Monday at 11:24 AM
  • #1

I have an old set of intercomp sw650 scales and am having issues with the rf scale pad. It seems that every time I use my scales I have to recalibrate the rf scale pad only. I have called intercomp and they don't have any pads in stock any more as the scales are 20+ years old. Has anyone had this issue before or should I just be content with recalibration each scale session. Also I have found I have to use my body weight on the scale pad not a 5 lb weight for them to be accurate.

01ron

Member
  • Monday at 12:40 PM
  • #2

I had an issue with my left rear scale pad. Even if I swapped the scale pads, the left rear would always have problems. It was actually inside the main unit where the left rear cable connected to the circuit board. Removed the connector and cleaned everything up with a small wire brush then reconnected the connector using a small amount of conductive grease (not dielectric grease). Fixed the problem.

XXX#40

2A supporter
  • Monday at 3:23 PM
  • #3

Colt sr said:

I have an old set of intercomp sw650 scales and am having issues with the rf scale pad. It seems that every time I use my scales I have to recalibrate the rf scale pad only. I have called intercomp and they don't have any pads in stock any more as the scales are 20+ years old. Has anyone had this issue before or should I just be content with recalibration each scale session. Also I have found I have to use my body weight on the scale pad not a 5 lb weight for them to be accurate.

Does intercomp offer recalibration/cleaning services?

Colt sr

Member
  • Monday at 3:50 PM
  • #4

XXX#40 said:

I am going to guess not anymore for the model of scales I have since when I talked to them on the phone the guy said "whew, those scales are over 20 years old but I can send you a pdf on how to recalibrate them yourself out of the service manual". I may have to pick yalls brains on how to properly clean these myself and repair them. Lol

racing promotor

Moderator
  • Yesterday at 2:18 AM
  • #5

Call this place talk to the tech guy that goes out and calibrates and fixes floor scales on site .
B & M Scales , 762 Corporate Cir, New Cumberland Pa 17070 1 800 745 8139 Office but Try 717 774 9470 first if number still good he's your man , might have to send to him but he can recalibrate them .

C

Chipg56

Member
  • Yesterday at 7:30 AM
  • #6

I think those are the same as mine, and I had the same problem. The solution was changing the cable. I had tried to cut the cable and re- solder but that was beyond my skill and vision capabilities. The cable was expensive, around $80.00 and that was probably 5 or 6 years ago.

Colt sr

Member
  • Yesterday at 7:47 AM
  • #7

Chipg56 said:

I think those are the same as mine, and I had the same problem. The solution was changing the cable. I had tried to cut the cable and re- solder but that was beyond my skill and vision capabilities. The cable was expensive, around $80.00 and that was probably 5 or 6 years ago.

I would gladly pay 80 for a cable if that is the issue versus over 1000 for a new set of scales. I have seen the cables for sale and thought about getting an extra set as parts for these scales are getting harder to find than a untouched tec*mseh star.. lol

Colt sr

Member
  • Yesterday at 7:51 AM
  • #8

racing promotor said:

Call this place talk to the tech guy that goes out and calibrates and fixes floor scales on site .
B & M Scales , 762 Corporate Cir, New Cumberland Pa 17070 1 800 745 8139 Office but Try 717 774 9470 first if number still good he's your man , might have to send to him but he can recalibrate them .

I will try to give them a call. It's not the recalibration that is the issue, it's staying recalibrated. It gets quite annoying when you have to recalibrate 1 pad every time you want to check your numbers on the scales( which we try to do before each race).

S

SchieberRacing6

Member
  • Yesterday at 9:24 AM
  • #9

Colt sr said:

I will try to give them a call. It's not the recalibration that is the issue, it's staying recalibrated. It gets quite annoying when you have to recalibrate 1 pad every time you want to check your numbers on the scales( which we try to do before each race).

Colt,
Try Antibus scales in Fort Wayne

flattop1

Dawg 89
  • Yesterday at 11:01 AM
  • #10

Can you connect a differnt scale too that cable see ifits a pad or cable problem .

01ron

Member
  • Yesterday at 2:28 PM
  • #11

That's exactly how I proved my problem in post #2 above.

XXX#40

2A supporter
  • Yesterday at 2:42 PM
  • #12

SchieberRacing6 said:

Colt,
Try Antibus scales in Fort Wayne

I would do this and check locally, I'd call then and send the whole unit if they'll work on it, so they can see the issue.

Colt sr

Member
  • Yesterday at 2:44 PM
  • #13

flattop1 said:

Can you connect a differnt scale too that cable see ifits a pad or cable problem .

I did just about 10 minutes ago and it's the pad or internal like 01ron said. If it is on the motherboard, I am not going to lie I am a dummy with electronics and do not feel comfortable trying to repair it myself. I grew up in an household that we used the #2 and a sheet of paper. Lol

Colt sr

Member
  • Yesterday at 2:46 PM
  • #14

XXX#40 said:

I would do this and check locally, I'd call then and send the whole unit if they'll work on it, so they can see the issue.

I am actually getting ready to call them and see if I can't drop them off the next time I am in fort wayne. I hate the city though, so it could be a few weeks to a month before I get up there.

Colt sr

Member
  • Yesterday at 2:48 PM
  • #15

SchieberRacing6 said:

Colt,
Try Antibus scales in Fort Wayne

Thank you for the tip. I am going to see if they will take a gander at them. Hopefully it's a minor repair since it seems like these scales are obsolete.

You must log in or register to reply here.

Scale calibration issues (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Chrissy Homenick

Last Updated:

Views: 5703

Rating: 4.3 / 5 (54 voted)

Reviews: 93% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Chrissy Homenick

Birthday: 2001-10-22

Address: 611 Kuhn Oval, Feltonbury, NY 02783-3818

Phone: +96619177651654

Job: Mining Representative

Hobby: amateur radio, Sculling, Knife making, Gardening, Watching movies, Gunsmithing, Video gaming

Introduction: My name is Chrissy Homenick, I am a tender, funny, determined, tender, glorious, fancy, enthusiastic person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.